Exel Contracts Ltd, are committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment (meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs)
We recognise and accept our legal duty of care towards the environment and are committed, not only to complying with our legal duties and with other requirements to which we subscribe, but to exceed these requirements where practicable. We also acknowledge the need to use and provide sustainable products in and around our workplaces.
We commit to understanding the impacts we have on the environment around us through our activities and our use of resources and commit to minimising negative impacts for the benefit of all within the financial constraints of the business and without compromising critical work.
• We will minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring that they are as efficient as possible, reusing and recycling where appropriate.
• We will ensure that the WEEE Regulation 2018 is understood by employees and adhered to.
• We will minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
• We will actively promote the “reduce, reuse and recycle ethos” both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
• We will source to promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
• We will meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
• We will use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
• We will train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
• We will strive to continually improve our environment performances and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy annually.
We also responded to government targets by:
Date: 08th October 2021
Review date: 08th October 2022