Equality Act 2010
The act provides a legal framework to protect the rights of individuals and advance equal opportunities for all, protecting individuals from unfair treatment. It promotes equality in the areas of 9 protected characteristics, also known as general duties to promote equality.
As an employer, Exel Contracts and all staff employed or working on our behalf of Exel Contracts Ltd are committed to equality and valuing diversity within its workforce.
Our goal is to ensure that these commitments, reinforced by our values, are embedded in our day to-day working practices with all our customers, colleagues and partners.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, HIV positivity, working pattern, caring responsibilities, trade union activity or political beliefs – or any other grounds.
Exel Contracts and all employed staff or sub-contractors working with Exel Contracts Ltd will demonstrate their commitment by:
• promoting equality of opportunity and diversity within the communities in which we work and with all our partners and workforce
• aiming to build a workforce which reflects our customer base, within the diverse communities in which we work, with the aim of having parity of representation across the workforce
• encouraging recruitment from groups currently under-represented in the department and their career progression once employed
• treating our customers, colleagues and partners fairly and with respect
• promoting an environment free from discrimination, bullying and harassment, and tackling behaviour which breaches this.
• recognising and valuing the differences and individual contribution that people make.
• providing support and encouragement to staff to develop their careers and increase their contributions to the organisation through the enhancement of their skills and abilities
• building in legislative requirements and best practice to all our service delivery and employee policies and procedures, and supporting these with appropriate training and guidance.
Every person working for Exel Contracts Ltd has a personal responsibility for implementing and promoting these principles in their day-to-day dealings with everyone – including members of the public, other staff and employers and partners.
We welcome our general duty under the Equality Act 2010 to have due regard to the need to eliminate discrimination; to advance equality of opportunity; and to foster good relations.
Date: 1st February 2021
Review date: 31st January 2022